Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday long run

We're heading up to Big White tomorrow for the weekend so Nicole and I did our long run tonight. 16 miles - the longest so far! We left my house and ran around Stanley Park, then around False Creek and back home. Took 2hrs and 40min. Went for a delicious pasta dinner after at Anton's to celebrate Nicole's 30th birthday! What a girl!! Would you run 16 miles on your 30th? :)

We didn't stop nearly as often as we normally do during our long runs (usually every 20-30 minutes for a few minutes at a time). We didn't really think to stop aside from the two times we took our gels plus a couple other times when we started getting tired. It was too cold to stop for long without getting a chill. I didn't have any specific pains today, instead towards the end it was more of an ache all over. It was mostly my feet that were sore - the same way they felt coming down from our Garibaldi hike this summer after hiking 30km in a day. My legs are tired now and a bit stiff, particularly my left calf. I have a bit of a headache, so I'm trying to drink lots of water and will soon head off to bed.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Believe it or not, that was the perfect birthday for me... long run and tons of guilt-free pasta with friends. I have a few minor aches and pains today, but nothing too bad. Awesome job! See you tonight... nic