Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rain and more rain

Ran to my dentist appointment yesterday morning. Round trip was about 3 miles, took 30 minutes.

Tonight met Beth and Nicole and ran twice around False Creek - 12-13 miles, 2hrs 10min. I wouldn't normally run that far on a weekday/night but Nicole is away this weekend and will miss the long run and so she wanted to fit one in before leaving.

It didn't seem to be raining hard when we left but by my feet were pretty wet after the first lap. I rarely get cold while running once I've been at it for a while but I got a bit chilled tonight and knew that if we stopped I'd get cold really fast. Stopped trying to avoid the puddles near the end after running through one that was ankle deep. My clothes were completely soaked through and I squeezed out about a cup of water from my jacket when I got home. Once you're out there and in the rain it's not so bad - refreshing even. It's the process of going from dry to wet that isn't so much fun. I never used to run with a hat and only started doing so in the past few weeks but I was really happy to have it tonight to keep the rain out of my face.

Took a gel at about 45 minutes and felt really good for the whole run. My aerobic fitness is really good and I think that is partly due to all the hiking (yay Grouse Grind!) we did this year. Aside from the odd hill, we can chat the whole way and not feel out of breath. I think I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been right now, which is kind of funny because Luke feels as though he's in the worst shape of his life at the moment. I feel really good and I'm quite pleased with that. :)

No comments: