Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wet toes

I didn't do the long run on Saturday as I had planned. When I woke up it was snowing so I went back to sleep. Ended up going later in the day for about 5 miles. It was slushy in some spots and I had to go a bit slower. Ended up with wet toes. Had a nice hot bath when I got home.

Nicole came over early this morning after dropping her mom off at the airport. Just as it was finally getting light we headed out and over the bridge to the seawall. Ran around Stanley Park and home again. It was really windy on the far side of the park. No rain and no ice though. It was great. 12 miles, 2hrs. I could feel my left knee as we got closer to home. It wasn't sore, but I could feel it was tight. Will have to keep stretching out that IT band.

Had another hot bath when I got home to warm up. I find if I don't strip out of my wet clothes quick enough I get really chilled and it takes a long time to warm up. A hot bath with the heat light on in the bathroom is perfect.

I'm not too worried by the lack of runs the past couple weeks, but I really have to get back to it when things settle down again after the holidays. :)

No comments: