Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday, mid-December

I haven't run this week since Sunday. Unless running around checking things off my to-do list counts (haha). It's been a busy week and with the weather being less than run-friendly I've managed to come up with convincing excuses that have left my runners neglected in the closet. On the plus side, Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped, Christmas cards sent out to friends and family, stockings hung (by the chimney with care), gingerbread house made, eggnog drunk (Vitasoy makes a tasty vegan eggnog), Christmas lights hung, etc... you get the picture.

I also came out of Pampered Chef retirement and placed a big holiday order. I've got a potential show lined up for the New Year and maybe big fundraising event too. I find being a consultant awkward because PC is not mac-friendly. It's a hassle to place an order and I get stressed. I have an old hand-me-down laptop with Windows 2000 that I can use, but I can't get it to connect to the internet so that means I have to print and fax the orders, but I don't have a printer... and on and on... and it's just a pain in the ass. Anyway, it's done and I'm excited about my free cranberry spatula and a few other things too.

I want to do a cleanse in the New Year to get things off to a good start. I think it's a good time of year for a cleanse to re-enforce good habits and start the year fresh. I'll post more about it here as I come up with ideas and as I'm doing it, and I'll also include the finer details in the food club wiki for anyone who wants to join in. It's always easier with more people so sign up!! ;)

1 comment:

nicole said...

Don't worry, we'll catch up on our running tonight... good job on getting ready for the holidays. I wish I could say that for myself!