Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bagel brunch day!

We ran between 12 and 13 miles today. It took just under 2 hours. It was hard today. Not sure if it was the 7 miles on Friday, the sugar I've been living off of lately or just an off day. We ran through East Vancouver and then hooked up with the Adanac bike route. Ran all the way to the 2nd narrows bridge, did an extra loop up a big hill then back downtown along the water and through Gastown. It was so hilly for the first half and my legs were very tired. My new hat was great! I'd never run with a hat before, but I liked it. And I think it looked snazzy too. :)

We had a tasty bagel brunch after the run put on by one of the runners who is a baker. I had almost hit the "too hungry to eat" stage where I start to feel really nauseous and icky but then I had a bite of multigrain bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese and suddenly everything was a lot better. I fell asleep coming home on the bus. Never done that before. Now I feel deliciously tired and relaxed and I am lying on the couch by the fire and don't plan on moving much for the rest of the day.

Plan for next week:
- Run at least twice during the week. Even if it's only for 20-30 minutes, it's better than nothing at all.
- Eat more vegetables. I didn't eat too much this past week, just too much sugar and not enough of everything else. Made a huge delicious soup for dinner last night and am looking forward to a big dinner tonight.
- Drink more water

No comments: