Friday, December 14, 2007

Running dry streak over - or - Why having a training partner is so great

I was hoping that when I got home this evening I'd have an email from Nicole saying she didn't want to run. I really didn't want to go out again. I was cold and tired and carsick from the bus ride home. Instead her email said she was on her way and had forgotten her phone - no way for me to cancel! We could have easily talked eachother out of running and gone shopping, but we got changed and headed out into the rainy darkness. 7 miles and an hour and 15 minutes later we were back home feeling pretty smug. I wouldn't have gone had she not come all the way over here. But she did and we ran and still had time for some shopping and some tasty food. I'm excited to wear my new running shirt and hat on Sunday!

That's why you have training partners. They get you out when you'd rather do anything but, and distract you when you feel slow and tired until you forget you didn't want to go out and are feeling slow and tired... and suddenly you're not. You're just running and everything is good. :)

No comments: