Sunday, April 6, 2008

4 weeks to go!

Today we ran just over 13 miles and it took 2hrs 15min. When I woke up I could hear the rain and as I was getting ready it was COLD! I nearly wore my long fleecy running pants but instead opted for capris. As we were leaving downtown we could see a few patches of blue sky and as the run went on it got nicer and nicer out - it was a beautiful morning! We ran through Kits and Shaughnessy and out to Kerrisdale - so many nice houses to look at. :)

It was a hilly run, but the Dunbar hill (from 41st to 16th) didn't kill me this time as it did when we ran it a month or so ago. I felt pretty good, but as usual was tired at the end. I took 2 gels, about 40 minutes apart. That seems to be what works best for me. As we were coming back into downtown and only a few blocks from the Y it started to rain. Perfect timing! Had a wonderful hot shower at the Y and then out for a cheap $4.50 breakfast - the best kind! Here is a map of our route...



Next week is our longest run and the last big one before the race. I've got some preparing to do this week. I want to get out for a few good runs and I am going to eat well and drink lots of water and really try to mentally prepare for a good 4 hours straight of running. Yikes!

No comments: