Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2 weeks! OMG!

I ran last night after my teacher training so I was pretty tired. Here's the route:



I couldn't finish the whole thing though and turned back a block or two past Macdonald, so it was probably closer to 8 miles. I suddenly had some major knee pain because my right IT band got super tight. The week before it was the left side that was bothering me... shoot. I sure hope 2 weeks is long enough for them both to loosen up.

The run started out great. I got chills down my spine going over the Burrard bridge and seeing the Vancouver Marathon banners. Not too long until I'll be running over that bridge with only a mile or so to go to the finish line! Very exciting. Running around False Creek was great. This is such a beautiful city. I feel so fortunate to live here and be able to enjoy it as much as I do. There were so many people on the seawall. It was very invigorating to see so many active people enjoying the beautiful evening. The sunset was fantastic and I stopped at Kits beach to watch it dip below the horizon. Very lovely.

I didn't run at all last week. It took nearly all week to recover from the 24-miler and then my teacher training started. I likely won't run this week at all either and hopefully that will be enough time for my IT bands to loosen up. So close!!!

No comments: