Tuesday, February 12, 2008

18 miles

We had our longest run so far this past Sunday - 18 miles. We ran out along Point Grey Rd to Blenheim, then up to 16th and along to Granville, up into Shaughnessy to 49th, did a loop around Langara golf course then down Cambie and back to the Y. Nicole and were feeling pretty good so we actually did an extra little loop downtown to add on a mile. I was quite pleased with the run and the fact that I felt so good. I had the usual achy-tiredness that I get the last mile of any long run, but nothing terrible. My feet were quite sore, but that wasn't all that surprising considering the distance we had just covered. I only took 2 gels although I could have used another towards the end. I wasn't nearly as stiff as I usually am while stretching immediately after the run which could be because it was quite a bit warmer outside than on any of our past runs.

The rest of the day was quite busy and there was no time for a nap. I was pretty exhausted all day Monday but surprisingly I had no muscle pain. Last week was the best training week I've had since we started. I ran twice and had some very intense and focused yoga sessions. I ate really well and drank a lot of water and it really paid off. The long run was great and I seem to have recovered pretty quickly.

Our mileage drops back to 12-14 miles this Sunday and I am actually running a half marathon race with Nicole and Beth. It's the Historic Half in Fort Langley and I'm going to try to beat my personal best time of 2hrs 3min. I'd love to break 2hrs.

No comments: