Sunday, March 2, 2008

Deering Island

Ever heard of it? I hadn't until today. 19.5 miles, 3hrs 15min. There are some crazy huge houses in Southlands. Everyone has horses. Deering Island is a strange little place. A short little stretch of land with VERY expensive houses. We didn't see a single person, but I know people were home since their Audis, BMWs, Mercedes and Landrovers were in the driveways. I took 3 gels today, 2 of them had caffeine. So far Carboom is definitely my favourite. Clif shots taste like the rice syrup they are made of with lousy flavouring over top. Power Gels are way too sweet. I tried a vanilla Goo gel for the first time today, but it wasn't nearly as good as the Carboom vanilla gel which tastes exactly like vanilla icing. Mmm. I felt really good today. Only 7 more miles in a marathon and I felt today like I could have done it. Maybe not today. Hard to say. I felt good at the end of the run and I could have gone farther - I can say that much. It was nice to go someplace new - I'd never been to Southlands and I was pretty amazed by the houses. House isn't the right word - estate is more like it. Huge mansions on huge lots with perfect landscaping. Anyway, this was a pretty hilly route but I felt strong. I actually felt like we were running a bit slow at times and I could have gone faster. All in all this run left me feeling ready for the marathon - 9 weeks to go!!

No comments: