Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Get off the couch, put on your shoes...

Got home last night after babysitting and was hoping to convince Luke to come out with me for a run. I needed some motivation. He didn't want to go. I procrastinated until it started getting dusky and then finally got changed and headed out the door. These runs feel so great - when you're nearly going to skip it but do it anyways.

I ran about 4 miles, took about 40 minutes. From my house went across the Burrard bridge and down Beach Ave to Denman, then back again. Felt good.

Today ran just over 3 miles to make it 30 minutes. Up Cypress to 16th, 16th to Macdonald, 12th to Arbutus and home from there. This is one of my favourite routes. Lots of big trees. I left the house at about 8:15. It was cold and a bit slippery. Beautiful day though. Came home and did my yoga - took about 80 minutes.

Can't decide if I prefer yoga then run or run then yoga... I suppose I could split it up and do one in the morning and one in the evening but I'd rather only shower once per day... Running first is nice, but I find I'm more distracted during yoga. Yoga first is more intense and uplifting, but then do I just undo all the work I've done by running and tightening everything up? Not sure. Will have to experiment more.

I have to remember to drink more water. Particularly on Fridays and Saturdays... I find that really helps the long runs. I'm happy with 2 runs in a week. 3 would be ideal. I wonder if walking counts as cross-training... somehow I doubt it.

No comments: